The beautiful world of snow with the Taebaek Mountain Snow Festival has been very popular since 1994 as it has been a must see snow festival in Korea, packed with activities and events for all ages. If you want to experience fun, a fantastic world of snow and take great opportunity to turn unforgettable memories of the snow into photos, then don’t miss this awesome trip! There will be world class snow sculptures of famous landmarks and statues from around the world.
There will also be a wide variety of amusement facilities such as a snow tunnel, slide and rafting area as well as snow and ice sculptures. Snow sledding and other fun games will be held during the festival period. The festival, full of fun and excitement will be the best winter destination providing worthwhile memories.
Also, some of Korea’s most beautiful snowy scenery can be found here in Taebaeksan mountain with the Baekdudaegan mountain range making heavy snow for months. If you are interested in snow hiking, you can enjoy snow hiking after checking out the snow festival arena or just do snow hiking. It is recommended that you hike with some of your travel buddies in case of help needed and we can form a group for those who want to do hiking.
It would take about up to 4 hours for going up and coming down the top of the mountain. The length of the trail is about 4.4 km – 2.7 miles.
If you feel it is too much with hiking, you can hike the half way, which is about 2.6 km- 1.61 miles. The half way is called Banje(반제) and you can turn around at this point. crampons are needed for snow hiking. You can buy one at the festival area if you don’t have one.
For those who are not interested in hiking, they can enjoy some 40 snow sculptures at the Snow World Park as well as Snow sled and Ice Sled. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures as it will be your unique experience in Korea There is the Coal museum you can try.
There are restaurants available for lunch at Danggol square and you can also bring your food such as snack,nuts,bread, fruit, calorie bars, water etc.
Grab your gloves, parka and let’s begin the wonderful snow adventure!
Gloves, scarf, warm shoes, warm cloths like jacket with hood, water, camera, snacks,crampons(necessary if you do snow hiking), money for food and drink etc
– Pick up at 7.20am at exit 3 outside of Hongik Univ station. U turn when coming out from exit 3 and walk about 70 meters. You will see Goh Travel Korea Bus parked on the side of main street.( Our chartered bus will there early, so you can sit and wait on the bus if you arrive early)
– 7.40am at exit 13 of Samgakji station ( Line 4 & 6)
– 8.00am-05am: Exit 8, express bus terminal station
– 8.25-30am: Exit 1 at Dongcheon Station (Shin Bundang Line)
– 8.50am-9.00am: Exit 1 of Yeongtong station in Suwon (Bundang line – close to Bundang)(You can wait in front of Homeplus supermarket)
– 11.00am or so: Arriving at Taebaek Snow Festival venue
* Lunch is not included and there are several restaurants in the areas.
– 11.10- 16.00pm: Take part in Taebaek Snow Fest, lunch, trekking( optional)
– 17.00pm: Heading back to Seoul
– 19.30pm or so: Drop off at Yeongtong station
– 20.20pm-22.50pm: drop off at Express Bus terminal, Samgakji station and Hongik univ station
► Sign up & Payment
To sign up, please click on ” Sign up ” button at the top right of the this page and email to email@example.com with the following information once you transfer the fund;
– Your full name
– your pick up point
– Trip name
– Your contact number
– The amount of money you deposited
– The name of bank you used
– The date you sent the deposit
– If you have your friends and deposited for them please mention their names too.
– Name of bank: KB( Kookmin Bank)
– Account no. : 469901- 04- 262190
– Name of bank account holder: Goh, Jonghwan( Goh Travel Korea)
– Bank code : 04
The fee is 35,000won. Things included in the trip fee is round trip private chartered bus, english speaking tour leaders.
Please transfer the fee from your Korean bank account via internet banking or an ATM. Also, you can go into any bank in Korea to pay your trip fee by bank transfer.
Name of bank account holder: Goh, Jonghwan( Goh Travel Korea)
Also, you can go into any bank in Korea to pay your trip fee by bank transfer if you don’t have a Korean bank account. If you need to pay via Paypal, firstname.lastname@example.org is our email address for Paypal payment. The fee in USD is 31.00 for PayPal payment.
You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please save or print the confirmation email or bring your ATM receipt with you. Also save our phone number: 010- 6737- 1637 as it will be useful if you are running later or have problems finding the meeting point.
► Group discount
Should you sign up with more than 3 friends you will all receive a special discount as below;
– 3 people : 2.000 won
– 4-5 people : 3,000 won
– 6-9 people: 4,000 won
– Over 10 people: 5,000 won
▶In order to be eligible for discount, you should have to sign up at the same time.
► Special discount for frequent travelers with Goh Travel Travel
If you have joined one of our trips and want to join again, you will get a discount on your next trip. It is true that the more trips you make with us, the more discount you will get. See how it works with the discount plan;
– You pay full price with your first trip.
– 2,000 won less with you second trip
– 3,000 won less with your third trip
– 4,000 won less with your fourth trip
– 5,000 won less with your fifth trip
– 7,000 won less with your 7 trip
– 9,000 won less with your 10 trip
To apply, please email us with the list of trips you have attended so far
► Disclaimer of Liability
We cannot be held responsible for your health, safety, any injuries, illness, belongings and/or losses incurred as a result of your participation in these events.
► Cancellation policy
The cancellation policy is as follows:
5 days or more before departure = 100 %
3 – 4 days before departure = 50 %
2 days or less before departure = 0 %