Highlights of this unique trip
1. Hawcheon Sancheoneo Ice Fishing festival is one of the Seven Wonders of Winter according
to CNN and it is the ultimate winter festival!
2. All in one package: Ice fishing( entrance included at foreigners only zone),Ice Sled Riding and Snow tube slide included, Awesome Ice sculpture Plaza and Snow Sculptures and Colorful fish lantern streets.
3. Enjoy Unforgettable experience of catching Mount trouts( it tastes like salmon) through ice
halls on the frozen river! The good news is even though you don’t catch a fish, you are given one grilled mount trout to eat. You can catch a maximum of 3 fishes.
4. Great Ice and Snow festival atmosphere with world’s largest ice sculpture plaza and giant
5. Bare-hand trout catching experience in the icy water( optional)
6. We’ll stay at the tourist foreigner only fishing zone with the abundance of fish!
► Things included in the fee:
Price: 41,000 KRW
– Round trip chartered private bus
– Trout Ice Fishing gears( Fishing rod and bait)
– Ice sled riding
– Snow tube slide
– Entry to ice sculpture Plaza
– 1 grilled trout ( You’ll eat this delicious trout)
– English speaking tour leaders
– 5,000 KRW worth of coupon, which you can use as cash to buy anything you would like at the festival area or in town.
What to bring: Warm clothes, proper winter shoes, towel, water, gloves, some snacks,lunch, toiletries, camera and money for food and drink, etc.
► Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Fishing
Hwacheon is known as the first area in Korea that freezes over in winter and the river is covered with a thick layer of ice( 40- 50 cm).
CNN introduced the Hwacheon Sancheoneo ice festival as one of the Seven Wonders of Winter.
The Hwacheon Sancheoneo (being around 20-40 cm) Festival is the most popular ice fishing festival in Korea. A lot of expats in Korea and Koreans flock to Hwacheon to enjoy this unique and exciting winter festival.
We are going to catch trouts with a short fishing rod through a hole drilled into the ice. If you don’t catch at all, don’t worry as you will be given a grilled trout that you can eat. We will tell you some skills how to catch trouts.
The thing you cannot afford to miss is the taste of Sancheoneo. Grabbed or lured, you can eat grilled or raw mount trout and which way you eat it will be delicious. You can catch a maximum of 3 fish. It is going to be your lifetime experience while you’re in Korea.
In addition to ice fishing, the festival offers a lot of of fun activities with snow and ice. For that, Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival has become one of the ultimate winter activities you can enjoy.
► We will stay at the foreign tourist only fishing zone, which means that it will be less busier compared with full of Koreans at other places! There will be a lot more fish in that area.
► World’s Largest Indoor Ice sculpture Plaza & giant Snow sculptures
After the ice fishing event and some activities you enjoyed, we’ll be heading to the world’s largest indoor Ice Sculptures with colorful lights inside them. You will see various objects made from ice and snow, which include famous landmarks around the world. This is a joint project between the Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival and the Harbin Ice Lantern Festival in Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, in far northern China. These two festivals are part of the top four winter festivals in the world. Also, you can enjoy fun rides with ice and snow as there are various rides available.
You can take pictures of huge snow and ice sculptures and you can even try entering some snow made objects put there. You can walk around enjoying various ice sculptures. It is going to be an awesome time, fun and experience.
► Bare-hand trout catching experience in the icy cold water! (This is optional and you can take the fish you caught and eat it as raw fish( Sashimi ) or have it grilled.
Wearing only shorts and T-shirts and get into the icy cold water trying to grab Sancheoneo fish with your bare-hand is an awesome experience you won’t forget! After the bare-hand trout catching experience, you will come back inside the building to warm up yourself in warm water and get changed in the changing room.
► Colorful fish lantern displayed over the streets
There will be the lantern festival with some 30,000 lanterns to light the street of Hwacheon in the town and the lights shall be turned on at around 6.00pm or so. There will be live music too.
Here is what you can enjoy;
► There is great atmosphere of winter with various Ice and Snow activities you can see and do!
– Ice fishing ( included in the price)
– Ice Sled Riding ( included in the price)
– Snow sled ( included in the price)
– Ice Sculpture Plaza ( included in the price)
– Snow Tube Slide
– Bare Hands trout catching
– Snow Sleigh
– Fish Lantern streets ( free)
– Snow Sculptures/ Snow Sculptures Park
– Zip line
– Ice sled
– Ice Skating
– Ice soccer, curling, Ice hockey
– Ice bicycles ( 1 person and 2 person bikes available)
– Largest Indoor ice sculpture plaza in Korea
– Various exhibitions, performances & concerts
► I love Hwacheon Coupons( Optional)
You are going to receive ” I love Hwacheon Coupons” when you pay for the following activities. You can use the coupons at the festival arena and/or in town for various food and drinking. The things you can buy with your vouchers are Korean food such as noodles,rice dish( bibimbap, rice with soup) Pancakes etc. The idea of giving out vouchers is to promote local business. If you want to do one of these activities, you can pay at each place either by cash or credit card.
– Snow Sleigh: 5,000 KRW( 3,000 KRW of I love Hwacheon coupon given)
– Bare-Hands Sancheona( Mount trout) Catching: 10,000 KRW ( 5,000 KRW coupon)
– Ice Sled: 5,000 KRW (3,000 KRW coupon)
– Ice Skating: 5,000 KRW ( 3,000 KRW coupon)
– Zip-Line( Haneulgareugi -Fly to the sky):
Eolgomi course: 20,000 KRW( 10,000 KRW coupon)
Sanchoeneo course: 12,000 KRW (5,000 KRW coupon)
– Snow Tube Slide: 10,000 KRW (5,000 KRW coupon)
– Ice Bicycle: 10,000 KRW ( 5,000 KRW coupon)
January 28( Sunday)
8.00am: Exit 8, Hongik Univ station
8.30am: Exit 2, Myeongdong station
8.40am: Exit 12, Dongdaemun history and culture park station
10:50am- 11.00am: Arriving at the ice fishing area depending on traffic
When we finish the Ice fishing, we’re going to eat grilled trout at the festival area and continue the Ice Sled Riding and Snow sled. You can buy some food/ snacks too if you like.
– 11.20am – 5.20pm: Take part in Ice fishing, Ice Sled Riding, Snow sled and the indoor ice hall tour
– 7.30pm-8.00pm: Drop off in Seoul ( Dongdaemun history and culture park station, Myeongdong station and Hongik Univ station)
► Sign up & How to pay for trip
To sign up, please click on ” Sign up” button at the top right of this page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information after you transfer a fund.
– Your full name
– your pick up point
– Trip name
– Your contact number
– The amount of money you deposited
– The name of bank you used
– The date you sent the deposit
– If you have your friends and deposited for them please mention their names too.
The fee is 41,000 won
– Name of bank: KB( Kookmin Bank)
– Account no. : 469901- 04- 262190
– Name of bank account holder: Goh, Jonghwan( Goh Travel Korea)
– Bank code : 04
Please transfer the fee from your Korean bank account via an ATM or internet banking. Also, you can go into any bank in Korea to pay your trip fee by bank transfer. If you don’t have a Korean bank account you can pay via PayPal. The fee is USD 45.00. email@example.com is our PayPal email address. Call us on 010- 6737-1637 if you need an assistance for payment.
Note: You will receive a confirmation email from us. Please save or print the confirmation email or bring your ATM receipt with you. Also save our phone number: 010- 6737- 1637 as it will be useful if you have problems finding the meeting point or something.
► Group discount
In case you sign up with more than 3 friends, then all of you will receive a discount on the trip as below;
▶ 3 people: you get 2,000 won off from your trip fee
▶ 4-7 people: you get 3,000 won off from your trip fee
▶ 8-10: you get 4,000 won off from your trip fee
▶ And more than 10 people, you will get 5,000 won off from your trip fee
NOTE: If you deposit money for a group, you will need to provide all the names of your group for room arrangement.
NOTE: In order to be eligible for discount, all of you in a group should have to sign up and pay at the same time. Please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
► Special discount for frequent travelers with Goh Travel Travel
If you have joined one of our trips and want to join again, you will get a discount on your next trip. It is true that the more trips you make with us, the more discount you will get. See how it works with the discount plan;
▶ You pay full price with your first trip.
▶ 2,000 won less with you second trip
▶ 4,000 won less with your third-fourth trip
▶ 6,000 won less with your fifth-sixth trip
▶ 8,000 won less with your seventh-eighth trip
▶ 10,000 won less with your tenth trip onward
To apply, please email us with the list of trips you have attended so far.
► Disclaimer of Liability
We cannot be held responsible for your health, safety, any injuries, illness, belongings and/or losses incurred as a result of your participation in these events.
► Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy is as follows:
* 5 days or more before departure = 100 %
* 3 – 4 days before departure = 50%
* 2 days or less before departure = 0 %
* No show up means no refund